Wednesday, June 27, 2018
Mets Post Game Notes 6/26/18
Metscellaneous: The Mets snapped a seven-game losing streak, winning in walk-off fashion for the third time this season (first since May 19 vs. Arizona)...Was the Mets’ first walk-off victory vs. Pittsburgh since May 9, 2013 (Mike Baxter RBI single)…The Mets are 4-5 in extra-inning games and snapped a five-game losing streak in extra-inning contests with tonight's win.
Wilmer Flores (2-5, 3 RBI): Delivered his ninth-career walk-off RBI (third this season), tying David Wright for the most walk-off RBI in Mets history...Also gave the Mets a 2-0 lead with a two-run knock in the first inning...Has all three Mets walk-off RBI this season.
• Since 2014, his nine walk-off RBI lead the majors.
• Has driven in a run in four-straight games and in six of his last seven overall…The four consecutive games with an RBI matches the third-longest streak of his career...His career best are a pair of five-game streaks (August 19-24, 2015 and August 7-11, 2013)...Has back-to-back multi-RBI games for the sixth time in his career (last done August 26-27 last season).
• Has reached base in his last 12 games with a plate appearance, the second-longest streak of his career (had a 14-game on-base streak from April 11-27, 2015).
Michael Conforto (1-3, HR, RBI, 2 R, 2 BB): Belted his 10th homer of the season, a game-tying solo blast in the seventh inning.
• Is hitting .306 (15-49) with four doubles, three homers, 11 walks and eight RBI in his last 14 games with a .435 OBP in that span.
• 32 of his 58-career homers have either tied the game or given New York the lead.
• Has 34 home runs in his last 162 games.
Asdrúbal Cabrera (2-4, R, BB): Is hitting .350 (14-40) with two homers, seven RBI and five runs scored in his last nine games.
Steven Matz (7.0 IP, 6 H, 3 R/3 ER, 7 K): Pitched a season-high-tying 7.0 innings (also, June 3 vs. the Cubs)...Faced the minimum through 4.0 innings before allowing four-straight hits to begin the fifth...Was his sixth quality of the season (all since the start of May). Did not walk a batter for the first time this season...Fanned at least seven in a walkless outing for the fifth time in his career (first since May 20, 2016 vs. Milwaukee).
• Has a 3.20 ERA in 10 starts since the beginning of May (20 earned runs/56.1 innings).
• Allowed his second homer to a lefthanded batter this season (Lefties account for four of his 43 homers allowed in his career)...Was also just the second extra-base hit Matz allowed to a lefthanded hitter this season (also, an Odúbel Herrera homer on May 11).
Tim Peterson (1.0 IP): Earned his first-career win...Has posted a 1.69 ERA (two earned runs/10.2 innings) in his first seven career games.
Mets Bullpen: Did not allow a run in 3.0 innings tonight...Snapped a seven-game streak allowing at least one run.
Pirates: Pittsburgh has lost six of its last seven contests...Was their fourth walk-off loss of the season (last, June 2 at St. Louis).
Wild Pitches: Pirates pitchers threw four wild pitches tonight, the most in a game for Pittsburgh since also logging four wild pitches on May 27, 2014 (also vs. the Mets).
Gregory Polanco (2-4, HR, 2 RBI): Went deep for the second-straight game with a solo shot in the seventh (his 500th-career hit)...Has four homers in his last seven games vs. the Mets...Also tied the game at 2-2 with an RBI single in the fifth...Recorded his 36th and 37th RBI of the season, surpassing last season’s total (35 in 108 games).
• Has homered in back-to-back games for the fourth time in his career and first time since August 28-29, 2016.
• Is 24-72 (.333) with three doubles, one triple, five homers and 10 RBI in his last 17 games vs. the Mets.
• Was his fourth go-ahead home run of the season...Was his 11th-career homer off a southpaw, second this season (also, April 12 vs. Cubs off Justin Wilson).
José Osuna (1-4, RBI): Plated the Bucs’ first run with an RBI single in the fifth...Was his first RBI since May 11, ending a 15-game stretch without driving in a run...Snapped an 0-18 streak.
Elias Díaz (1-3, 2B, BB): Is hitting .316 (30-95) in 26 starts this season...In four career games at Citi Field, Díaz is batting .467 (7-15) with two doubles, one homer and eight RBI.
Josh Harrison (1-5): Has hit safely in 18 of his last 19 games vs. the Mets, going 29-77 (.377) with six doubles, one triple, one homer and seven RBI in those contests...In his last eight games at Citi Field, he is 11-32 (.344).
David Freese (1-4, R): Led off the fifth with a single for the Pirates’ first hit.
Chad Kuhl (4.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R/2 ER, 2 BB, 4 K): Was removed from tonight’s game after 4.0 innings due to right forearm discomfort.
• Has a 2.54 ERA in his last five road starts (eight earned runs/28.1 innings).
• José Reyes’ stolen base snapped a streak of six-consecutive unsuccessful stolen-base attempts against him...According to Elias, was the longest-active streak of unsuccessful SB attempts versus any major-league pitcher.
Upcoming Pitching vs. Pittsburgh
Wed., June 27 RHP Ivan Nova (4-5, 3.98) vs. RHP Zack Wheeler (2-6, 4.85) 7:10 p.m. (PIX11, WOR 710 AM, 104.3 FM HD, ESPN 1050)
Posted by Media Goon at 8:00:00 AM