Man are they in total suck mode. I have a new puppy and he’s taking a lot of my attention away from the Mets right now(Thank God) and I didn’t even turn on the game last night because of him.
Anyway, here are last night’s post game notes
Metscellaneous: New York has lost seven-consecutive games, is 4-19 in its last 23 games and 6-24 in its last 30 games...The seven-game losing streak is the second-longest of the season...The Mets are a season-low 14 games below .500 and 4-18 in June.
Mets at Home: The Mets are 1-14 in their last 15 home games and 13-25 overall at Citi Field this season.
Home Runs Allowed: Mets pitching allowed two homers tonight and has surrendered 21 home runs in the team’s last seven games.
Wilmer Flores (1-1, HR, 3 RBI, R): Belted a three-run, pinch-hit homer in the seventh inning...His three RBI tonight are a season-high...Has driven in a run in three-straight games and in five of his last six games overall.
• Was his fourth-career pinch-hit home run (last, July 20, 2017 vs. St. Louis) and the third by a Mets batter this season (last, Devin Mesoraco, May 27 at Milwaukee).
• Has three pinch-hit home runs since 2017, tied for the third-most in the majors in the last two seasons...The Mets’ nine pinch-hit homers since 2017 are tied for the fifth-most in the majors.
Kevin Plawecki (1-4, 2B, RBI, R): Plated the Mets’ first run with a seventh-inning RBI double...Has driven in a run in consecutive games for the fifth time in his career (first time since May 13-14, 2016).
• Over his last six games, Plawecki is batting .364 (8-22) with three doubles, one triple, one homer, six RBI and four runs scored.
José Bautista (0-4, BB): Has reached in each of his last 11 games with a .600 OBP.
Seth Lugo (5.0 IP, 4 H, 3 R/1 ER, 3 BB, 4 K): Has a 0.30 ERA (one earned run/30.0 innings) in 10 games (three starts) at home since
May 1...That is the lowest home ERA in the majors during that span (min. 30.0 innings).
• Allowed a run (unearned) in the first inning, snapping a 25.0-inning scoreless streak at home...Was the second-longest single-season scoreless streak in Citi Field history (R.A. Dickey had a 28.1-inning home scoreless streak from May 17-June 24, 2012)...Also ended a run of four-straight scoreless starts at home dating to September 8 of last season, tied for the longest streak in Mets history (also, Craig Swan, September 18, 1977-May 12, 1978).
• Since May 1, Lugo has allowed 17 hits and four walks in 30.0 innings at Citi Field with 29 punchouts...His 0.70 WHIP at home in that span paces the majors (min. 30 home IP).
Tyler Bashlor (2.0 IP, 1 H, 2 R/2 ER, 1 BB): Made his major league debut...The Mets have had a player make his major league debut in three-consecutive games for the first time since Jeremy Hefner, Jordany Valdespin and Zach Lutz all debuted in succession from April 23-24 (including a doubleheader on April 23).
Pirates: Snapped its season-high tying five-game losing streak with tonight's win.
• In the Pirates' last four games at Citi Field dating to last season, they are hitting .302 (45-149) with eight doubles and seven homers...Improved to 11-5 in their last 16 games at Citi Field after going 3-13 in their first 16 contests here.
Josh Bell (1-4, HR, 2 RBI, R): Connected on a two-run homer in the sixth inning...Has reached base safely in 15-straight games and has hit safely in 10 of his last 11 games in which he has had an at bat (13-41/.317).
• Was his first home run since May 31...Has now homered three times in four-career games at Citi Field.
• All five of his home runs this season have come batting lefthanded.
Gregory Polanco (1-3, HR, RBI, R, BB): Belted his 10th homer of the season in the second inning...Has three homers in his last six games vs. the Mets.
• Is the first Pirates player to reach the 10-homer plateau this season...The Pirates were the last remaining MLB team without a player with double-digit homers.
Josh Harrison (1-4, RBI, R): Has hit safely in 17 of his last 18 games played against the Mets...Is hitting .389 (28-72) with six doubles, one triple, one home run and seven RBI...In his last seven games at Citi Field, Harrison is hitting .370 (10-27).
Jameson Taillon (6.0+ IP, 4 H, 2 R/2 ER, 3 BB, 5 K): Has a 1.29 ERA (two earned runs/14.0 innings) in two-career starts at Citi Field.
• Had thrown 14.0-consecutive scoreless innings vs. the Mets dating to the last inning of his MLB debut on June 8, 2016 before surrendering two runs in the sixth inning tonight.
Felipe Vásquez (1.0 IP, 3 K): Saved his 36th-career game for the Pirates (15th this season), tying him with Grant Jackson for the second-most saves by a Pittsburgh lefthander...Ramon Hernandez has the most with 39 saves.
Upcoming Pitching vs. Pittsburgh
Tues., June 26 RHP Chad Kuhl (5-5, 4.56) vs. LHP Steven Matz (3-5, 3.68) 7:10 p.m. (SNY, WOR 710 AM, 104.3 FM HD, ESPN 1050)
Wed., June 27 RHP Ivan Nova (4-5, 3.98) vs. RHP Zack Wheeler (2-6, 4.85) 7:10 p.m. (PIX11, WOR 710 AM, 104.3 FM HD, ESPN 1050)