Monday, July 16, 2018
Mets Post Game Notes 7/15/18
Mets: New York finished the first half with a 39-55 record…The 55 losses by the Mets prior to the All-Star break are their highest total since losing 60 games before the break in 1993.
• The Mets are 14-34 in their last 48 contests...The Mets went 5-6 on their season-high 11-game homestand, are 7-21 in their last 28 home games and 19-32 overall at Citi Field this season.
• New York fell to 6-4 vs. the Nationals this season and are 3-4 against the club at Citi Field.
• Since the start of the 2011 season, the Mets are 22-53 vs. the Nationals at Citi Field.
• The Mets have gone 16-straight series without a series victory...According to Elias, that is the longest streak without a series win since the team played a franchise-record 18-straight winless series in 1982.
Seth Lugo (1.0 IP, 1 H): Has allowed one earned run in his last six relief outings, equating to a 0.68 ERA in those games (one earned run/13.1 innings).
• Since May 1, has a 2.30 ERA (14 earned runs/54.2 innings) in 22 games (including five starts), the fourth-lowest in the NL in that span (min. 50.0 innings)...Has been scored upon in two of his 17 relief appearances since May 1.
• Ended a streak of seven-consecutive relief outings of at least 1.1 innings...Was the longest-active streak in the NL and the longest streak by a Mets reliever since Hisanori Takahashi had seven-straight such bullpen appearances of 1.1 innings or more from April 13-May 5, 2010.
Corey Oswalt (5.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R/1 ER, 0 BB, 1 K): Made his third major league start today...Became the first Mets pitcher to allow two or fewer hits in 5.0 or more innings in consecutive starts since Noah Syndergaard did so in consecutive starts August 21 and 27, 2016.
Nationals: The Nationals finished the first half at 48-48...Washington is the only team in the majors to win at least 48 games in the first half in every season since 2012...Is the first season since 2011 that the team has reached the break with a .500 or worse record (2011 Nats were 46-46 in the first half).
• The Nationals improved to 53-22 at Citi Field since 2011, including 12-5 in their last 17 games here.
• Have not lost a four-game series vs. the Mets since 2005, going 9-0-5 in the 14 four-game sets with New York since.
All Singles: The Nationals had eight hits today, all singles...Scored at least six runs in a game without the benefit of an extra-base hit for the first time since August 11, 2013 vs. the Phillies (six runs on 13 hits, all singles)...Was the first time the team has scored at least six runs on eight or fewer hits with no XBH since the Expos scored six runs on six hits vs. Atlanta on September 8, 1998.
Daniel Murphy (1-1, 2 RBI, R): Put the Nationals ahead with his two-run pinch-hit single in the seventh inning...In 42 career games vs. New York, Murphy is hitting .381 (56-147) with 13 doubles, two triples, nine home runs and 36 RBI.
• His .381 average vs. the Mets is the highest among active major leaguers (min. 150 PA vs. the Mets).
Jeremy Hellickson (6.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R/1 ER, 2 BB, 6 K): Picked up his fourth win of the season and his second in as many starts...Has allowed one run over his last two starts (11.0 innings total) for a 0.82 ERA.
• Earned a win vs. the Mets for the first time since April 10, 2016 while pitching for the Phillies...Today's start was his first vs. the Mets in which he allowed one or fewer runs (had allowed at least two runs in each of his nine prior outings vs. New York).
Upcoming Pitching at Yankees
Fri., July 20 RHP Noah Syndergaard (5-1, 2.97) vs. RHP Domingo Germán (2-5, 5.49) 7:05 p.m. (SNY, MLBN, WOR 710 AM, 104.3 FM HD, ESPN 1050 AM)
Sat., July 21 LHP Steven Matz (4-7, 3.38) vs. RHP Sonny Gray (6-7, 5.46) 1:05 p.m. (PIX11, MLBN, WOR 710 AM, 104.3 FM HD, ESPN 1050 AM)
Sun., July 22 RHP Jacob deGrom (5-4, 1.68) vs. RHP Masahiro Tanaka (7-2, 4.54) 8:08 p.m. (ESPN, WOR 710 AM, 104.3 FM HD, ESPN 1050 AM)
Posted by Media Goon at 5:49:00 AM