Mets: The Mets are 10-12 in their last 22 home games and 24-38 (.387) at home this season, the second-worst winning percentage at home among NL clubs (San Diego has a .348 home winning percentage).
• Fell to 6-8 in extra-inning games and 11-23 in one-run affairs.
• The Mets lost a game started by Zack Wheeler for the first time since July 3 at Toronto, ending a seven-game winning streak in his starts.
Mets Bullpen: Threw 6.0 innings without allowing an earned run...Has a 1.29 ERA (three earned runs/21.0 innings) over the team's last five games...Sports a 2.67 ERA this month (19 earned runs/64.0 innings).
• Robert Gsellman (2.0 IP, 1 K) has not allowed a run in 9.2 innings this month.
• Jerry Blevins (1.0 IP, 1 K) has not allowed a run in his last 12 appearances (9.2 innings) dating to July 26.
• Daniel Zamora (0.1 IP, 1 H, 1 K) has begun his MLB career with 2.2 scoreless frames, allowing two hits and one walk while fanning four.
No-Walks Streak: Brandon Crawford’s leadoff walk in the seventh snapped a 24.0-inning streak by Mets pitching without issuing a walk.
Zack Wheeler (7.0 IP, 5 H, 1 R/1 ER, 1 BB, 10 K): Saw his six-start winning streak come to a close...Logged his first double-digit strikeout game since August 15, 2014 vs. the Cubs (fourth 10+ K game of his career)....Has not lost a start in his last 10 outings, tied for the longest unbeaten streak of his career (also, June 30-August 20, 2014).
• In his last five starts, has a 1.13 ERA (four earned runs/32.0 innings)...In his last 10 starts, has a 2.09 ERA (15 earned runs/64.2 innings).
• Completed at least 7.0 innings for the seventh time in his last eight home starts...During that span, has a 2.32 ERA at Citi Field (14 earned runs/54.1 innings).
• After putting men on at second and third with no outs in the fifth, fanned the next three batters to escape the frame unscathed...San Francisco went 1-7 overall with RISP off Wheeler tonight...In his last five starts, opposing hitters are 2-23 (.087) with RISP.
• Fanned at least seven batters for the 14th time this season, the most such games in a season in his career (had 13 games with seven or more punchouts in 2014)...Only three NL pitchers (Max Scherzer, 21 7+ K games; Jacob deGrom, 19 and Patrick Corbin, 18) have more.
• Has held opposing cleanup hitters to a .267 slugging percentage, second-best in the majors...Has allowed two extra-base hits to hitters in the fourth spot in the order, the fewest among all pitchers who have faced at least 70 cleanup hitters this season.
• Was the 10th time a Mets starter has thrown at least 7.0 innings and allowed one or no earned runs in a no-decision this season, the most such games by any team in the majors this season...Marks the third time Wheeler has started one of those no-decisions.
Wilmer Flores (3-6, 2B, RBI): Tied a season-high with three hits...Drove in the Mets’ lone run with his 23rd double of the season, a new career high (had 22 in 2015)...Was his 18th go-ahead RBI this season, extending his team lead and placing him in a tie for 10th-most in the NL.
• His .350 (28-80) average vs. San Francisco is his best against any one opponent (min. five games)...Has seven-straight multi-hit games against the Giants, tied for the longest-ever streak by a Mets hitter vs. the Giants (Vince Coleman had seven-consecutive multi-hit games against San Francisco from July 2-18, 1993)...In those seven games, Flores is 17-31 (.548) with six doubles, a homer and seven RBI.
• Since July 7, has hit .314 (11-35) against lefthanded pitchers...Was hitting .208 (15-72) off southpaws from the start of the season-July 6.
Doc Edwards Passes Away at 81: Former Mets coach Howard "Doc" Edwards passed away today at the age of 81... Doc served as a coach for the Mets during the 1990 and 1991 seasons...Over his 57 years in baseball, Doc was a well-respected and revered member of the baseball community...As a player, spent five major league seasons with the Athletics, Indians, Phillies and Yankees...He also managed for three seasons in Cleveland.
Giants: San Francisco snapped a four-game losing streak...Improved to 10-7 in extra-inning contests...Was the team’s 18th win in their last at-bat.
• The Giants also ended a three-game losing streak vs. the Mets.
Home Run Drought: San Francisco has two home runs in their last 115.0 innings at bat and the Giants have seven home runs this month...The team has hit at least 12 homers in every August since moving to San Francisco in 1958.
• The Giants are tied for the third-fewest homers in the majors this season (108)...Only Miami (103) and Detroit (99) have hit fewer.
Alen Hanson (1-5, 2B, RBI): Tied the game with an RBI double in the seventh inning...Is 12-38 (.316) with seven RBI in his last 12 games.
Buster Posey (1-6): Extended his hitting streak at Citi Field to 10 games (16-39, .410)...The streak is the longest-active run at the ballpark and is tied for the seventh-longest by any visiting player in the park’s 10-year history.
Derek Holland (5.0+ IP, 4 H, 1 R/1 ER, 1 BB, 5 K): Has a 2.34 ERA (11 earned runs/42.1 innings) in his last 10 outings (seven starts)...Has allowed two runs or fewer in six of his last seven starts and has yielded no more than three runs in 11 of his last 12 starts, recording a 2.77 ERA (20 earned runs/65.0 innings) in that span.
• His 137 strikeouts are the second-most by an NL southpaw this season.
Mark Melancon (2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 3 K): Tossed 2.0 scoreless frames, his longest outing since September 23, 2016 vs. Pittsburgh with Washington...Was his first scoreless outing of at least 2.0 innings since May 15, 2015 at the Cubs as a member of the Pirates...His three strikeouts tie a season-high (also, June 3 vs. Philadelphia).
Derek Law (2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 1 K): Earned his first win of the season...Was his third scoreless outing of at least 2.0 innings in his seven appearances this season.
Upcoming Pitching vs. San Francisco
Tues., Aug. 21 RHP Chris Stratton (8-7, 5.52) vs. LHP Steven Matz (5-10, 4.60) 7:10 p.m. (SNY, WOR 710 AM, 104.3 FM HD, ESPN 1050 AM)
Wed., Aug. 22 RHP Casey Kelly (0-1, 1.69) vs. RHP Noah Syndergaard (8-3, 3.40) 7:10 p.m. (SNY, WOR 710 AM, 104.3 FM HD, ESPN 1050 AM)
Thurs., Aug. 23 LHP Madison Bumgarner (4-5, 3.05) vs. RHP Jacob deGrom (8-7, 1.71) 1:10 p.m. (SNY, WOR 710 AM, 104.3 FM HD, ESPN 1050 AM)