METS ANNOUNCE RETURN OF FANS TO CITI FIELD
Season to Open at 20% Capacity
FLUSHING, N.Y., March 18, 2021 – The New York Mets today announced that fans will be permitted to return to games at Citi Field beginning on Thursday, April 8 for the Mets’ home opener against the Miami Marlins at 1:10 p.m. In accordance with New York State government prescribed guidelines, Citi Field will initially operate at 20 percent of its full capacity (capped at 8,492 seats).
“We’re really excited about the season ahead and welcoming the best fans in baseball back – safely – to Citi Field,” Mets Owner, Chairman and CEO Steve Cohen said. “We thank Governor Cuomo and the state’s Department of Health for their efforts in this significant step in New York’s recovery from COVID and look forward to continuing to work with them as capacity restrictions and testing requirements hopefully ease in the months ahead – to allow as many fans as possible to have a safe and great time with us.”
Seats will be sold in pod format in clusters ranging from one to six seats. Each location will be separated from other pods by at least six feet. As a result of capacity limitation and/or cancelled games resulting from the pandemic, some ticket purchases may be impacted. In the event of an impacted ticket purchase, please refer to mets.com/2021updates. Mets season ticket holders and individuals holding tickets to impacted games will receive priority access in selecting a new, socially-distanced location or package for all home games operating under reduced capacity. Season ticket holders will receive an email next week with details about their seat relocation.
All tickets will be delivered via mobile on the MLB Ballpark app. Print-at-home and paper tickets will no longer be made available.
The safety of all in attendance at Citi Field is the Mets’ top priority. The Mets are committed to keeping fans safe at Citi Field in 2021 and beyond and will shape their health and safety plan based on requirements from public health officials and Major League Baseball. These regulations will be in effect from the beginning of the home schedule on April 8 and are subject to change throughout the season. Below are some key aspects of the plan to keep fans safe at Citi Field in 2021:
- Ballpark Entry: In order to enter Citi Field, ticketed guests will be responsible for obtaining and displaying proof of one of the following:
- Full vaccination, meaning both doses of either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or one dose of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine, or
- A negative test result from a PCR COVID-19 or Antigen test
- Physical Distancing: In addition to the six feet between seating pod locations, guests at Citi Field must always maintain at least six feet of distance from anyone not in their seating pod. Lines at gates, concession stands and restrooms will utilize floor markers to help guests maintain proper distance from one another.
- Face Masks: All guests aged two (2) and oldermust wear a face covering over their nose and mouth at all times on ballpark property except when actively eating or drinking at their ticketed seats.
- Cleaning & Safety: All high-touch areas will be frequently cleaned and disinfected during games. Citi Field will be sanitized after the conclusion of each home game. Guests and staff are encouraged to wash their hands frequently. Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the ballpark for guest and staff use.
- Cashless Transactions/Mobile Ordering: To limit touchpoints, transactions at Citi Field will be cashless. Guests may only use credit/debit cards, mobile payment methods (Apple Pay and Google Pay), and Mets Gift Cards. Cash will not be accepted at parking lots, ticket windows, concession stands or retail stores. Reverse ATMs will be available both inside and outside of the ballpark for fans to convert cash to a prepaid debit card that can be used anywhere that major credit/debit cards are accepted. In addition, guests will be able to order food and beverages via their phones on the MLB Ballpark App for express pick up at designated concessions locations