I got this email today from a Season Ticket holder, well really now a former season ticket holder. He makes some great points on this email. His Rep is one of the best guys I know in the Mets Org. This is a perfect example of how the Wilpons and the guy that they have in charge of ticketing are out of touch.
We don't intend on renewing this year. We are really disappointed in the product on the field and how ownership has treated the loyal fans. We definitely feel taken advantage of. It doesn't make sense for us to renew since we can continue to go to games and pay less for tickets overall without paying for an entire season up front.
- Ticket prices were increased after two years of contention. We overpaid for this year's tickets since their face value plummeted much lower than what was paid for up front.
- that being said, the Mets continue to offer discounted tickets throughout the season. The Mets continue to capitalize on discounted opportunities while STHs continue to pay full price for tickets.
- I attempted to trade in unused tickets in May and was told I had to pay an additional $30 Per ticket to receive the same tickets for a future game. I didn't even bother addressing it with you because i just didn't want to go through the trouble.
- the team was dismantled after the trading deadline, and those trades saved money for the owners, but the season ticket holders aren't reaping the benefits of those trades. Where is our share?
- there seems to be a lack of loyalty to season ticket holders compared to last seasons. For example, the STH appreciation day didn't happen last year. It seems it's not happening this year either. I wonder if season ticket holders are really appreciated.
I definitely work way too hard for my money to put it into the pockets of the Mets ownership. If they really want me back as a STH, they need to show their loyalty to season ticket holders. They are definitely not as loyal to us as the Mets fans are loyal to this team.
If the owners want to be financially conservative, I can also be financially conservative and withhold my renewal for season tickets.
I hope one of the Mets owners can read this email. (Redacted), you do an awesome job as a representative, and this email does not reflect the job you do.
Former Season Ticket Holder
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone